View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 04:42 AM  
sirkonstantine
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpocratian View Post
How can you guarantee that when any Wikipedia volunteer editor can pull the link off at any point?
I've been dropping links on Wikipedia for 2 years now. Me and my partner are both seasoned Wikipedians. We know the rules of Wikipedia.

Because of that, when I do your link drop, it'll be done in accordance with Wikipedia guidelines. That way, it won't be interpreted as spam and, therefore, not removed.

Or, in other words, the link drops are done in such a way that gives value to Wikipedia. That's why it doesn't get removed.

For example, a lot of novice link drop'ers would add a homepage link to the External Links section of a page. That'll get removed sooner or later since homepages don't contain encyclopedic information most of the time.

One method we use is to go through your site, read your content, and find a page on Wikipedia that could use your content as a reference, and then add a few sentences to Wikipedia with your content as the reference (along with other references).

So, lets say HowToEatFruits.com/ ordered a link. They have a page HowToEatFruits.com/HowToEatBananas. I realize Wikipedia doesn't have a section on how to eat bananas on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/bananas. i then add that section and reference the site.

No one would revert that edit. It helps Wikipedia out.

That's just one of the several methods I use. That method only works for certain sites that meets Wikipedia notable source guidelines.

Get it?
sirkonstantine is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote