View Single Post
Old 11-25-2014, 03:57 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingMan View Post
Cosby is famous and that is what makes this case different. Because he is so famous women will want to latch on so they get some attention. I am not saying he never technically raped any woman. Perhaps he has raped someone. However the flood of women that are coming forward is bullshit. I am just an average guy living an average lifestyle and even I have had women make false allegations against me. I cannot imagine what a celeb has to go through. Oh and by the way these women I was talking about in my own life never accused me of forcing myself on them. One said I hit her and the other one simply said she would get a restraining order on me if I ever asked her for the money she owed me. Big difference. LOL

But in the end I don't give a flying fuck about Cosby. Unless he stands up and says the types of things I am saying then fuck him because he is just another enabler.
The reason so many are coming forward now is that there are safety in numbers. I used to date a woman that worked for a group that ran battered women's shelters. She explained to me that many women who are raped feel alone and assume they are the only ones that this has happened to. In this case not only do they feel along and like a victim, but the guy that did it is very famous, rich and powerful so they are afraid of coming forward for fear that he will destroy their lives. When others start to come forward they gain some confidence and see that they are not alone.

This is why we often see the same thing with pedophiles. When a few victims come forward then often many more come out of the woodwork because up until then they were either afraid or embarrassed to come forward alone.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote