View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 12:50 PM  
WannabeMiddleMan

Industry Role:
Advice: How To Get Over a Girl?

Hi GFY,

I've been a webmaster for a while, but in this post I'm looking for some advice on life please.

This year I met an incredible lady, she's amazing!

We chatted, I got her number and invited her out for coffee (which she postponed) and then we spoke more etc and eventually went out on a few occasions.

I've been developing feelings for her, and I do feel we have a chemistry, so I would flirt a little etc but nothing crazy

Recently we arranged to go for dinner and on the message I said, "It's a date" to which she replied "Looking forward to hanging out" with a smiley face.

From what I can tell that isn't a great reply, but I didn't take it that seriously.

It was her birthday recently, so I bought her chocolates, a voucher and a very romantic card that basically called her someone very special to me, and I ended the message with Love, (my name).

I had given her the gift 10 days before her birthday, she said she will only open it on her birthday, so I waited.

On her birthday I thought she would phone me to say thank you, but she didn't. So I phoned her that afternoon and she didn't answer. That night she phoned me to return my call and I wished her for her birthday, we chatted and she mentioned she hadn't opened the gift, which was disappointing to me as I was really looking forward to mentioning the card, and saying how grateful I am to have met her etc etc and to feel out how she felt about me basically putting myself out there.

3 days later she sent me a text thanking me for the gift, that's it - no acknowledgement of the very romantic card at all.

So, I think that's a clear message that this isn't going anywhere, and here I am stuck.

I think about her a lot, I get excited when I see a message from her, but this is depressing me knowing that this isn't going to go anywhere and I really need to get over her.

I have a major exam coming up and I can't let these feelings screw up my future (I've already had a few days of feeling extremely depressed and sad thinking about her and what it would have been like with us together etc).

Any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
WannabeMiddleMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote