Thread: Content Monkey Saves Another Monkey
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 10:19 PM  
RummyBoy
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineistaken View Post
I am wondering - do they eat monkeys there from time to time? I am referring to the super poor who are often hungry
India isn't China, there are serious limits on what people eat - around 50% of the population is strictly vegetarian and India does have a very strong agricultural production so these days people do get fed.

Animals outside are considered precious and sacred and some have a religious connotation.

Monkey - The God of Hanuman
Elephant - The God of Ganesh

Of course the Cow is sacred.
And the Pigs, well meat eaters don't eat pork in India.

That's why in India as you drive down the highway, you often see these animals going in the opposite direction. Even Delhi and Mumbai are jungle cities in a way. Monkeys are literally all over the place and I think that because they are so close to humanity is why they tend to pick up human behaviours.

Monkeys are super smart in India for that reason and you often see them nicking peoples mobile phones and trading it for food in the tourist areas. I read somewhere that the highest rate of high rise apartment break-ins are by monkeys (they easily climb up buildings and go through windows).
RummyBoy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote