View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 12:46 PM  
MaDalton
I am Amazing Content!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua G View Post
i still think there is misunderstanding.

charlie hebdo is only 1 step less evil than the terrorists. sorry that you totally cant see it. Regardless of the right to speak, there are consequences to speaking. you cant just insult people & say, i have rights, leave me alone. Thats not the real world.

in the real world, people respond to words. as a result, there are civil penalties for speech. libel, slander, sexual harassment, losing your white collar job due to political incorrectness. in extreme cases, a person may decide to murder you.

Charlie had the right to speak. They are dead because they did, & in a free nation no government can do anything to stop future events exactly like what happened. So people need to understand there are limits on speech from human nature, not just the law. Charlie shoulda had a lot more guards given the game of roulette they were playin.

as far as letting terrorists limit your speech, i understand. there is an ongoing conflict about that, one which will never be won with bombs. Only civil evolution away from sectarianism & tribalism, & towards enlightenment & prosperity in the middle east, this is the only solution to terror. But until that problem is solved in 200 years, one must use their heads & recognize the limits & accept them, even if its wrong. provoking jihadis to come after you is going to result in them coming after you.

do you see where im coming from?
So Charlie Chaplin should have never made The Great Dictator and in case the Nazis would have shot him and the others that worked on that movie plus bombed cinemas that showed it, you would say: their bad, should have waited until 1945....
MaDalton is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote