View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 02:16 PM  
Jolene_Devil
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpocratian View Post
>BUT if it's who I think ya are, the initial
>deal was for the downloadable version, eh?
>So if that's it...why the hell would you scream
>"Scammer Alert" ?? You know it's not a scam.
>You KNOW you at least got what you initially
>paid for.

The server you had the content hosted on wouldn't let me login to get the content. You didn't know why that was the case, and suggested that I pay extra to get it sent to me on a hard drive, which I did. I never saw a single bit of the content until a little over a month ago.

I gave it several weeks, then checked back in with you via email. You said that you needed to order another batch of hard drives, and would send it out the following Monday, but you didn't.

That pattern continued for several months, then you quit responding to emails and quit sending updates.

Near the end of November, I still hadn't received it. I was out $250, had no content, and couldn't get a response from you. So I decided it was appropriate to let other potential customers know about my experience. It didn't look like I would ever get what I paid for, which is why I used the terms "ripoff" and "scammer."

I finally got the hard drive at the end of December or beginning of January (I don't have the stamp to see the exact date). You apologized, and I was just going to let the matter drop, but then you restarted the thread and claimed that I was lying. Given what I had said in the thread back in November, I'm surprised that you didn't realize who I was. I'm not going to have you and your fans call me a liar in an open forum when I'm not. Everything I have said has been true.

>I also realize you had stopped with the attacks
>on here...I mean this thread is months old, it just
>unfortunately got bumped back up to the top.

I didn't attack you. Everything I said was true and accurate, and was said in an attempt to let others know my experience purchasing from you.

I'm not out to destroy your business. I have never tried to destroy anyone's business. Keep in mind that this thread was started when you still hadn't lived up to your end of the bargain, 5 months after I paid for the content, and had been incommunicado for quite a while. There was every reason to believe that I had been scammed. I tried for almost half a year to resolve things privately in email, but you did essentially fall off the Earth, at least as far as that was concerned. At that point, I didn't expect to get my money back or get my content, and did the ethical thing by trying to let others know what had happened so the same thing wouldn't happen to them.

>This is small, tight-knit buyer/seller community.
>I try not to shit where I eat. I hope you adopt
>the same philosophy.

I don't shit where I eat, either. I never have. In this case, I gave a legitimate warning to the community based on my experience purchasing from you. Remember, you're the one who didn't deliver the content for 5 months and who quit responding to emails. I'm not mad about it, but you dropped the ball in a big way. Since I eventually received the drive, I no longer consider it a scam per se, but I do consider it to have been poor customer service. My bet is that it was a mistake and won't happen again.

Ultimately, I just wanted the content or my money back. You should have been responding to your emails, and you should have sent me what I paid for initially, or refunded my money. Period. Things happen in life, and I wasn't too upset about it for the first couple of months, but that sort of stretch of time is very problematic from a business point of view. If you are going to sell content, you need to make sure that you answer all your emails, keep track of who has received what they have paid for, and (if selling through forums) at least check in occasionally to see what is going on. If not, it's best that you don't sell on forums, and stick to the part of the business where you are more able or willing to keep track of things.

In the end, the only reason I took this to the forums at all was because you didn't deliver any of the product for 5 months and quit responding to my emails, which were always polite. Any communication issues were on your side, not mine. I'm not the one who revived this thread, either. I didn't do anything wrong here. You made a mistake, and my response was not out of line. Own it, accept it, and let's move on.

For the rest of you who called me a liar, make sure that you really know what you're talking about before you make accusations.

Okay, Jesse : ) Now we're getting somewhere. As for "not attacking" me...BS. You made SEVERAL posts about me that were bad enough to be deleted here on GFY. Now that's funny...because it's almost impossible, evidently, to stir a reaction from Eric and the GFY mod "crew" LoL I never got the pleasure of reading those, because I wasn't on the board very much at that time. So when I logged on to make a post, I saw that on every single thread that I had made in the last weeks or so leading up to that, you had made posts that had been deleted. I didn't suspect you, because I believe that I had made good with you at that point. And the fact that you wouldn't reveal who you were, respond to my pm's here or email me back, even at the new email addy I provided you, led me to believe that it was likely a baseless attack against me here on GFY.

You see...there WAS someone claiming to be me, that ripped off at least one individual from this business community. And that occurred about the time that you started psoting, so I assumed that's what you were talking about. As for shitting where ya eat...yeah, ya kinda are. Because it creates a hostile environment. BUT...I DO understand. If anyone would have a claim against me, it would be YOU. I'm an honest girl, so I'll give ya that one. I did make good on it with you...and there is a MAJOR difference between the verbage of "unreliable" versus "Scammer". Which I've been guilty of being unreliable a time or two LoL I had my reasons, but yes. Scammer? Absolutely not. But yes...I would've been agitated too, if something had taken that long. You got it in December, by the way.

Look...I know you're kinda new to the scene...But the great thing about GFY is, if you're a scammer, you'll get chewed up and spit out here. this is seriously swimming with the sharks. There's a reason it's called "GFY"...if there's ever been a bigger collection of lovable, yet abusive a-holes on the planet, I don't know about it LoL Myself included. Point is...If I was a scammer, I would've been sniffed out a loooong time ago. I mean, you have seen my vids....you know I "aim to please"

I'm not bashing YOU. And the other people aren't "fans"...they're people I've done business with. I've done LOTS of great biz here over the years. Waaaaaay more good biz, than bad biz. But unfortunately, there's not a rating system here...there's a forum...so titles like "Scammer Alert" or similar are pretty damaging.

I just want the thread gone LoL Now that i know who you are, I understand a lil more of where you're coming from. But I'm not a scammer. For the record...I'm 100% available by email. IF you would like to email me, talk about it, etc. Or god forbid, do any more biz LoL EMAIL ME.

By the way...did you call me? I got a call a few days ago from your area code LoL Weird question, I know. Regardless...don't post the answer HERE. Let this thread die and just email me. No hard feelings on my end and it seems as though you've moved on from it too.
Jolene_Devil is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote