View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 09:54 PM  
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
No. The biggest best boxer in history would get his ass kicked by an average MMA fighter. It has nothing to do with with skill level or power. Boxers are not trained to protect their legs at all. As soon as they get 'in the pocket' a good MMA fighter will kick the hell out of their legs, and if they rush forward with no wrestling or judo background a good MMA fighter will have the boxer on their back either submitted or eating elbows very quickly.

It's like saying who would win, the world's best knife fighter or an ordinary guy with a shotgun. Unless the guy with the shotgun agrees to only use it as a melee weapon, that world class knife fighter is about to be a big wet mess on the ground.

Now if Tyson trained for MMA when he was in his prime... that's a very different discussion.
This is a ludicrous assumption. Do you honestly think that Mike Tyson, the angry kid from the streets of brooklyn, who was raised by a boxing manager practically couldn't handle himself in a street fight? please..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ The Kid View Post
Bruce Lee, without question. Boxers are not trained to deal with this.
To deal with what? kicks from a 130 lbs man? nah, i think he'd be fine, maybe a bruise..
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ The Kid View Post
Lol, I'd like to see Mike do some two finger pushups.
yeah, comes in handy if you need to give two finger hj's after the fight i'm sure.

Bruce Lee was awesome. I have always been a huge fan of his, but he was a showman above all. He had some great techniques and philosophies along the way but at the end of the day his invincibility was nothing more than a small mans wet dream at best.. What most people don't understand about Tyson was that he was SO dominant when he came around that he pretty much wrecked the whole talent pool that was there at the time. He fought some damn good fighters but kicked the shit out of them so bad they walked away from the sport all together. His demons got the better of him in the end but it was an incredible thing to watch before that--oh, and no stuntmen or second takes..