View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 02:52 PM  
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I'm telling you, you don't know what your are talking about. Since you started with there's no striking in BJJ. You obviously don't know the difference between, Self Defense, Sport Gi/no Gi, or MMA BJJ.

I'm a Purple Belt, better No gi than I am with the Gi. I should be higher belt in the Gi, but I stopped doing Gi early, I didn't go the competition route since I wanted to fight MMA. At my biggest and strongest, juiced to the gills, I could not rip off my opponents arms in No Gi. Your hyperbole sounds like it's coming out a white belt's mouth who's only competition he's had are other white belts.

I'm not coming on here making huge claims. BJJ is easy to spot the poseurs. We self police. If you say you're that good, I'm expecting to see your competitions wins to match Dean Lister's.
it surprises me that you speak of punches in BJJ yet you claim to be a purple belt...how strange...BJJ instructors may teach self defence or MMA but BJJ does not have one single punch...how many punches did you see at the world cup? come on man...

I said direct quote "I can pull your arm out" not rip it off...pulling it out refers to the most common defence in BJJ and grappling= keeping your arms the fuck in, as in close to your body in...I can pull royces, or anybody elses arm who is 60lb muscle lighter than me, out , and apply a lever and force him to tap...I will not use pretty pretty technique, I will "brock lesnar" it

ripping an appendage out was not what I meant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Yes, you could beat Royce... in a military press competition.

In a fight, he would own you... and you would have an excuse after the fight as to why it didn't really count or what you would do differently next time... until he owned you again and again and again.
you have a hard time believing that a trained fighter like me can beat pretty much anybody who is 60lb lighter in pure muscle mass, and I understand why...I used to be like you and liked to attach greater value on technique than it really deserved, in relation to pure brawn...royce was my hero...waaay lighter than most his opponents and not even a puncher...defeating your opponent with no punches is truly the pinnacle of martial arts and it was beautiful to watch...but he did it to people completely untrained in any sort of submission wrestling...this is a huge point that I did not know at the time...

after royce appeared I seriously got in to BJJ, and loved the crap out of it...we did just GI for 5-6 months...then we tried nogi for the first time and I started to submit guys easy based on my sheer size and strength...not the purple and browns but the blues and whites...was a disappointment for me to realize that technique did not matter so much in grappling as it did in BJJ with gi...the gi allows for almost perfect control of your opponent and the weight and strength advantage are not so great...no gi is a whole different ball game...its hard to pin down a guy who is slippery as shit and 60lb+ and you have nothing to hold on to ...doing an arm bar with a gi is infinitely easier than no gi...

I hate to admit it but I would beat royce most heavies-super heavies in my club would
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote