View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 06:06 PM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
I haven't asserted that over and over. I've said I believe Lee would have done very well in the cage based on what I have seen and read. I also fully accept it is an untestable assertion and left it at that pages ago (if you read the thread). What is testable, and in fact has been proven by a very large preponderance of evidence is that weight only matters when fighters are of comparable skill levels... and one dimensional boxers lose to much more well rounded fighters unless they are wearing boxing gloves and fighting by boxing rules.

If you don't want to take my word for it... take Mike Tyson's word for it, he is quoted in this thread earlier saying exactly the same thing. He freely admits Royce would have beaten him, which may be surprising since it appears Royce would be unable to beat a GFY webmaster according to cruxifiasco
You are just talking in circles.

The question was simple: "Who would win between Tyson and Bruce Lee". That is all. There was no other question. There were no other people mentioned.

The answer is simple. "There is no record of Bruce Lee fighting, therefore, there is absolutely nothing to based his supposed skill level as it pertains to ACTUAL FIGHTING on"

Again, there is absolutely nothing to base any assertion that Bruce Lee could beat an actual fighter when there is no demonstration anywhere of Bruce Lees skill or ability... other than movies, which is closer to dance than fighting.

You can keep saying "one dimensional boxer" and "well rounded fighter" and that doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of what Bruce Lee was capable of... or any proof whatsoever apart from a list of Jeet Kun Do techniques and other styles he trained at. You can't call him a "well rounded fighter" as there is zero proof that he was. Knowing techniques and being able to effectively use techniques in a live fight are not the same thing. They are not even close. It also seems you have no idea what Tyson is truly capable of, because you've never went at it with a heavy handed, lightening fast heavyweight fighter. You have no idea of Lee's proficiency in general. And any fighter understands that having a black belt in something, has absolutely nothing to do with being an actual fighter. (crucifiso, being the exception as his training apparently gave him super powers)

Actually fighting and practicing a martial art for 20 years are absolutely not comparable in any way, shape or form. Tyson actually fought 6 days a week, for a large portion of his life. Bruce Lee did not fight at all. He spent his life punching and kicking the air.