View Single Post
Old 02-14-2015, 08:38 AM  
blinki bill
Confirmed User

Maybe I don't understand how alexa works nowadays but I don't really care as their algorithms are complete crap. It is a complete mismatch with my internal stats, 5-6 years ago it used to reflect my internal stats so as I see it - it used to be reasonably accurate and I could judge other sites by it but nowadays it's complete crap and I am in the dark.
I know people like to jump you with "Low rank looser complaining" but it goes both ways, as far as I see it on my sites the rank is all over the place and very rarely matches the actual internal stats.
The only sites where I see it being more accurate are < 100k, the lower the better, I guess the more traffic the more accurate it gets, but if a site is > 100k mark it basically means nothing, site with 500k alexa can have half the traffic of a site with 2mil alexa

You shouldn't sweat it too much unless you need rank to trade traffic/links with other webmasters who still rely on outdated metrics like alexa and pagerank
blinki bill is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook