View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 06:19 AM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tres001 View Post
As the title says, what is a good backlink strategy for adult sites these days?.
With the latest google updates, some people even say guest comments are not effective anymore.
Earn them organically.
The Marketing Department of the Future - Moz

This wasn't received well as it cut deep. It's a wake up call IMHO.

Quote:
The end of link penalty removals

[I] stopped thinking about links a long time ago while I was at a prior agency job. My team and I would do the technical SEO, the creative and the publicity ? and the best links would come naturally by themselves. I would not actively track links except for periodic checkups to make sure that competitors were not pointing spammy backlinks at our clients. It happens ? one time, I saw a lot of link spam directed at a website with anchor text that was stuffed with keywords relating to prescription drugs. I disavowed them.

But except in that specific circumstance, I want to live in a world where link audits, link-removal software, and the Google Disavow Tool are no longer needed. For one reason, I feel bad for our collective clients. Many of us spent years making money recommending for and then building bad, artificial links ? and now we're making money to remove them. But for the most part, I want to be in an industry where we no longer build links ? or even specifically think about them in general.

If you do real, bona fide publicity, then you'll never, ever have to worry about Google Penguin penalties. ...
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook