View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:25 AM  
Petra
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
Although if you eat red meat to fuel your ketosis, you are inflammated from the meat. You are of course inflammated from the red meat in any diet, but the more, the more you eat it.

You really do something wrong if you get serious problems from regular recommended diet, although I don't know what US government recommends, but in generally.
Don't actually eat a whole lot of red meat. A lot of chicken and fish. And, type 2 runs in my family no matter the diet or weight. It seemed to skip me, thankfully, but I've read that people who have this run in their family tend to just do better on low carb. For me, the sweet spot it right at 35g a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
i see. i was on keto diet for ~1 year. after i lost weight i wanted to use it to control my diabetes (insulin injection are based on a sliding scale determined by carb intake).
it was not fun or easy for several reasons, the big one being it was very easy to go out of keto, i needed to stay under ~20g/day if i recollect right, and getting back into keto is not pleasant for me. the social restrictions are not easy either, i don't like denying things that i enjoy.

after that was when i discovered IF. it's much easier for me to not eat for ~16 hours a day and it's also a good way to control blood sugars.

i'm glad keto is working for you, different strokes and all, consciously choosing your lifestyle is the most important thing.
To stay in keto, most people can get away with under 50g of carbs. I can stay in in under 50, but 35 seems to be the sweet spot for me personally. I can still go over 50 and stay in, but I just don't feel as good.

The social restrictions have been the hardest mental block and the reason for sliding off over and over. But, I've figured out it's not the end of the world. I've figured out how to just ask for a cup of whipped cream while everyone else is eating ice cream (I prefer the whipped cream since most places serve it unsweetened and honestly, ice cream is WAY too sweet these days) or a cheese platter. Drinking isn't a big deal either since I don't drink a lot.