View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 12:54 PM  
PR_Glen
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choopa Phil View Post
Yea I get what youre saying but I cut from 12-8% relatively quickly all while eating in excess of 320-360G carbs depending on workout days. Thats a decent amount of weight to lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
i exercised down to single digit bf eating tons of carbs

initially using p90x diet protocols, which call for A LOT of carbs to handle the intense exercise. the flab came off quickly.

then i moved to my own activity plans.
Yes, I understand why and how you guys can do that, but even at 12% bodyfat that is lower than most people over 25 get to ever--even for those who exercise often. If someone is up to 25-30%, which is par for the course for someone just starting out, and they are consuming 400g a day no amount of exercise will be enough..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappin Fish View Post
I tried Keto even with added coconut oil I just couldn't get enough calories in even though I'm lean, felt like shit and fidgety, slightly anxious, like when you've had too much coffee. There has to be a balance between eating for long term health and being able to enjoy your meals and get on with your life. Since I added potatoes and rice as well as some fruits ( I still avoid pasta and bread) I feel much better.
those are just symptoms you get in the very beginning, they go away completely if you eat properly. If you don't know how to cook then yeah, it could be very unenjoyable, but if you are committed to eating healthier then learning to cook is a must regardless. There is nothing unhealthy about this diet so you lost me mentioning long term health..