View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 10:49 AM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka123 View Post
Yes, you misstated something, at least that 90 % part, or at least the subject for that number. And the Little Ice age might be true, but not that hard fact yet.

"Nevle et al then got out their calculators and crunched the numbers. They estimate that for a population of some 40 to 80 million indigenous people, the total amount of deforested land would likely have amounted to something the size of California. And since most estimates suggest that close to 90 percent of the native peoples died or were killed after the Europeans arrived, that meant most of that land returned to forest.

Read more at: Research team suggests European Little Ice Age came about due to reforestation in New World

Or the picture about indians as some evil forest destroyers.

This evidence suggests that Native Americans significantly altered the local ecosystem by clearing and burning forests, probably to make fields and enhance the growth of nut trees, Springer said. This picture conflicts with the popular notion that early Native Americans had little impact on North American landscapes. They were better land stewards than the European colonialists who followed, he said, but they apparently cleared more land and burned more forest than previously thought."

Read more at: Research team suggests European Little Ice Age came about due to reforestation in New World

what the fuck? you just repeated what i posted so you could claim i misspoke when i already stated i misspoke. ok, just like i fukcing already stated, gfy isn't the place to learn or teach.

regardless of my % being off, the fucking simple fact is i am and was right- the fucking indians burned down a shit ton of forest, leading to global warming. when they all got sick and died, before USA was fucking USA, the rapid reforestation created a mini-ice age.

again, those were my original points and they are just as fucking valid now as they were before you tried to gotcha.

nevertheless, you just learned a few things, you're fucking welcome.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote