View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:58 AM  
Mutt
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Anybody who expected a Rocky style fight and that's 95% of Twitter from what I saw knows nothing about boxing. Floyd Mayweather fights are always boring, he's regarded as one of the greatest defensive boxers of all time, only a boxing purist would appreciate what he does. My only hope for the fight was that Manny would come out like the Tasmanian Devil and knock out Mayweather - a very unlikely possibility. The difference in size was very noticeable, Mayweather much bigger.

The numbers for the PPV broke the PPV record for buys/revenue, cable and satellite couldn't handle the numbers, there is and always will be huge demand for boxing, but there just aren't any marquee American boxers, Mayweather is the end of the line. If Muhammad Ali were 14 today he'd be playing basketball and football dreaming of the NFL and NBA. It's too late now, there's no way back for American boxing.

Mayweather would have been beaten by all the great boxers near his size I grew up watching - Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Benitez.