View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 09:46 AM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
Some of it may be what you are buying into. For example, since becoming self-employed in 1999 I have bought insurance whenever I wanted and had no enrollment period. However, in the past when I had jobs that offered health insurance I usually could enroll in it when I was a new hire, but I couldn't make changes to it or add people to my policy until the annual open enrollment period. I imagine those companies had some kind of group policy that had specific enrollment dates.
That must be it. I've never worked for anyone else...so all that I knew about was simply going in as a person and buying insurance.

And since Obama Care is theoretically a "group" purchase, that would explain the "enrollment period".

It's still detrimental to the stated goals of Obama Care (everyone being insured and of course the now forgotten "affordable" part of that which was supposed to make our premiums $2500 less per year from the 2009 price)