View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 09:22 AM  
xFoundry
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by affenmann View Post
So I delete all posts then 301 redirect links to the index page. After that delete the sitemap from the site and google, then add some posts and later on submit the sitemap to the google. Is it correct?

What else I should also do?
If this is Wordpress, it may not be easy to move the post to another Wordpress, programmatically, but it could work. There is plugins for it, by I remember working on something like that by hand, but it was around 100 posts, and not as many as you have there, so working on yours by hand, would not make sense.

301 redirect is what is needed, as it will pass link value. If you can create pages and direct links to there, this would be good too, meaning, not all links go to just the main page. It is good for seo to have links to the Main Page, and also Content Hub A, Content Hub B, and so on. I am not sure if this will be very important here, though. Just redirect everything to the main page, and it should work.

You don't have to delete the sitemap from Google Webmaster Tools, you can just update the current one, so it does not show any posts. If it is Wordpress, it would be good to be using Yoast, but it is not the only plugin for this.

Your site may disappear from search results for a certain period of time, as they will not know exactly what is going on, and they wont be serving bad results to people, I think. After some time, everything will go back to normal.

If you have links that are like "nude celebs", you can create a set of pages for this, something like domain-name.com/nude-celebs, nude-celebs/one.html, nude-celebs/two.html, and then redirect all these links to that too. This way links will be relevant, you will have a Content Hub A, and this will be better for seo too.

This is not difficult, overall. You will know how to do it, and what should be the result of this.