View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 03:55 PM  
Robbie
Leaner, Meaner, Faster

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco67 View Post
People should stop making equivalencies between old times and present times.
Yeah, because 2015 is so much more "dignified" than what you call "old times".

No, politics is exactly the same. I only used that ONE example to show that even the Founding Fathers got down and VERY nasty in campaigns.

And it's the same today and will be in a hundred years too.

This is the media trying to pretend it's something "new" so they can claim Trump doesn't "belong".
And as I said by that logic...many of the greatest leaders of our country wouldn't be "allowed" to run for President (and no...I'm not equating Trump to our greatest leaders...just pointing out the hypocrisy and double standards)

If you want "modern times", then just look at what happened to John Kerry when he ran against Bush in 2004.

Or the ridiculous attacks against Mitt Romney for traveling with his dog in a dog carrier on top of his car 30 plus years ago.
They couldn't find anything to really go after Romney because he's such a pussy that he's never done anything "bad". So they had to go with that. lol

When Trump calls out a politician and calls them a hermaphrodite like Jefferson did to Adams or any of the racial slurs that Pres. Adams called Jefferson...THEN we will be talking a real political fight.

Until then? I think Trump isn't doing anything "outrageous". But then again everything he does is labeled "outrageous" by the press.
All I'm saying is that in comparison to other political campaigns...it is most definitely not.