View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 PM  
TCLGirls
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Wrong. Pres. Obama forced GM's CEO to step down. And then he appointed a new CEO for GM (which is kinda crazy).

Then he told them that unless they declared bankruptcy he would not give them the bailout.

Come on man. That's not "incentives". That's making decisions by the President for GM to go bankrupt so he wouldn't be wasting Federal money.

This is kinda dumb.
I'm praising Pres. Obama for his decision on that.
But you are so adamant about "proving" that Donald Trump isn't a good businessman that you are still going to argue against a business practice that is used by every business out there.

Let's just call this a "draw" if it makes you feel better.

Me? I know how business works. I'm not phased by the word "bankruptcy" and I don't think it denigrates a person's ability to run a company. Especially if it's done in a way that helps the company either come back from the brink...or if it allows the investors to recoup some of their investment.

Pres. Obama never owned any business. But he's an educated man and easily understood the value of using bankruptcy as a tool for restructuring.

When did I ever suggest that Trump is not a good businessman? His current net worth versus his net worth when he graduated from college is fact that he is indeed a good businessman. I simply clarified what "restructuring" is...which is to legally avoid fully paying debts per original contract terms.

And Obama did not force anyone to file for bankruptcy. He offered GM incentives, which GM was free to accept or reject.
TCLGirls is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote