View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 03:49 PM  
Tinara

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Pink View Post
The only concession I have made to getting old is being a little more careful. I don't push myself real hard when working out. I don't ride my motorcycle as hard. I have very safe investments. I treat people a little better.

Pain/loss are great teachers.

This is well put. Very well said, and it's exactly how I am now after 3 overdoses.

The reason I created this thread was that earlier in the day, I got a phone call from a friend who had passed on the news that one of my oldest, dearest girlfriends - a sooper beautiful model, and mother of 1 - had committed suicide last week.

On her 32nd birthday...

There were no drugs, pills or alcohol involved that we know of as of this post, and it just dragged me into a weird place. Out of the blue. It's kinda how everyone thought when they heard the news of someone, say, like Robin Williams. You just drop your jaw, and go, "Whoa"..

After so, so, sooo much sex, drugs and Rock & Roll since I was 14, L-Pink says it best is I'm much more careful now. Pain & Loss are great teachers to be sure. They also create the greatest songs ever written.

And Cyndalie, I can relate. I gave up on expectations on my birthday and prefer now to make 100% sure, I spend them alone. No one around. Just me, and a bottle of V.

At 35, it seems I'm 90 with life's experiences. Traveled the world, best parties, limos to the hilt, model, money, blah, blah, blah.

At the end, I think that death is bizarre. With my dad, it was, talk to him the night before on the phone, the next day at 8AM, get a call, and he's dead.

Same with my girlfriend.

T