View Single Post
Old 08-30-2015, 10:55 AM  
dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam View Post
Without a productivity gain, if wages rise prices will have to rise too. Your selling price normally anticipates a profit (after taxes). Taxes are another big issue.

I am anticipating a national sales tax within the next 5 to 10 years to pay for social benefits, a national healthcare and toward deficit reduction. This might add 10% to 20% on the selling price of all goods. Combine that with wage demands and lower cost goods importation restrictions: the USA will become a much poorer nation with consumption taxes hitting the lower and middle classes hardest. Conversely, if we over tax capital gain to pay for social benefits, a national healthcare and toward deficit reduction: Investments and Venture Capital would be much harder to find.

We are between a rock and a hard spot and no candidate (so far) is addressing the real economic issues and a few are uttering total populist bullshit -- that I for one am not buying.
sure, i get that, except for the national tax part. wages and prices are tied together, markham was trying to suggest that a wage increase would lead to a price increase, he then took that price increase out of context and claimed people wouldn't have more wages to afford the price increase.
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote