View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 06:41 AM  
zerovic
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudimentalcom View Post
Isn't SEO kinda dead? Ha! Good writeup though.
as there are literally tons of people saying SEO is dead, that's a fair question. Long answer short, it's not. There are tons of other search engines who can't keep up with google, and they are still using the old standards we used to. However, don't go crazy when going for SEO. Always remember one thing, you site is made to sell to real people, not to search engines. I have my own tactics when it comes to search engine optimization, but my only goal is to make it optimized, use proper tags, meta data (some say it's not even needed anymore) and that's it. I watch how the site performs then change stuff on the way. what I realized, a fairly optimized site gets indexed within days or even hours, but if I go crazy and respect all the rules it takes weeks or even months.

I always make sure my sites are in the green with this tool: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

if you go for the basic seo stuff, and you are in the green zone with this tool, you will get the traffic you deserve

ps. this is only my opinion

have a great one,
z