View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 05:40 AM  
astronaut x
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
Legal loopholes don't "allow" it.
People have made "homemade" guns since the first guns were ever made.
It isn't that difficult to do. The Chinese were doing it in the 13th century.
People in the modern world can do it much easier with or without a 3d printer.

The govt. is already overreaching in just about every way into our lives. They no longer "govern", but attempt to rule.
Some things work out that way to the good. Some things don't.

But looking at this as if it's something that a legal loophole "allows" isn't realistic.

That's like saying a legal loophole "allows" you to use your intelligence to do just about anything.

I think what you mean is that the govt. should try to find some way to overstep themselves again and try to make something else illegal to add to the thousands of laws that we already have.

Personally, I think the best law is the one that says if you shoot somebody it's a crime. And if you kill somebody it's murder. At least those laws make sense to enforce.
All this other stuff is just unenforceable.
No matter what the govt. does, if a person wants a gun they will get one...or just make one.

Besides the government isn't supposed to be doing all these things. It's supposed to govern, not rule.
With all due respect, a musket is quite different than an AR-15.

Your also missing my point. This recent bust is a just a taste of whats about to unfold. This is going to be about pressure coming from the same folks who claim to be about your right to bear arms.... the NRA, the gun lobbyists, and the manufacturers. Do you honestly think they want you to stop buying their products when you can print one of your own?
astronaut x is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote