View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 06:03 AM  
Nicholas FirstMobileCash
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I don't think there's too many documented cases of Joker overdose deaths. He did a great job as the Joker, I'll give him that, but it was played up because of his death. But he was always a B-rate actor as far as I'm concerned. Hollywood used his death to boost the Joker character, and promote The Dark Knight - and it worked. But other than that, name one memorable role he's ever played. The gay dude on Broke Back Mountain? That just made it big because Hollywood's fascination with straight dudes playing gay characters. A Knights Tale? Mel Gibson's son in The Patriot? The heartthrob in 10 Things I Hate About You?

I place Heath in the same group as Paul Walker. They were made bigger by the movies Hollywood was trying to market at the time of their death, than what they actually put on the screen while alive. Other than the Furious movies (which IMHO sucked balls), what else has Paul Walker done?

The art is worth more after the artist dies.
Perhaps the stories of his overdose being related to the film were exaggerated, but, I do still feel it was an iconic role and one of the best bad guys ever. It's a shame... he was supposed to be in the third one as well
Nicholas FirstMobileCash is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote