View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 AM  
EddyTheDog
Just Doing My Own Thing

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompousjohn View Post
I recently upgraded my monitor setup, with some black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I got 2 28" 4k monitors for 300 each and 2 27" 1080p curved samsung monitors for 200 each.

Yeah the text was pretty small, I used the accessibility options in Win 7 to magnify text to 150%, that makes my 4k monitors just fine but it's pretty bulky on the 1080 screens. It would be cool if there was a way to set the magnification per monitor.

But I wouldn't go back to my former setup with 2 22" monitors at 1080p, no sir, no way.

As it is I have a pretty workable experience on the 2 4k monitors and I put smaller windows and videos on the 1080's, it's only been a few weeks since I got it all running, and only a few days since I got all the right cables in the right lengths to make it all work properly, so I am still figuring out how to leverage the massive amount of available pixels for my workflow, but I am not sorry I made the move. I still have all the old hardware and zero desire to go back to that, or any alternate configuration available.
I think you can do it separately in Windows 10 - I could be wrong, but it seems to handle multi displays way better...
EddyTheDog is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote