View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 08:28 AM  
Ferus
Bye - Left to do stuff

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pompousjohn View Post
I recently upgraded my monitor setup, with some black Friday/Cyber Monday deals I got 2 28" 4k monitors for 300 each and 2 27" 1080p curved samsung monitors for 200 each.

Yeah the text was pretty small, I used the accessibility options in Win 7 to magnify text to 150%, that makes my 4k monitors just fine but it's pretty bulky on the 1080 screens. It would be cool if there was a way to set the magnification per monitor.

But I wouldn't go back to my former setup with 2 22" monitors at 1080p, no sir, no way.

As it is I have a pretty workable experience on the 2 4k monitors and I put smaller windows and videos on the 1080's, it's only been a few weeks since I got it all running, and only a few days since I got all the right cables in the right lengths to make it all work properly, so I am still figuring out how to leverage the massive amount of available pixels for my workflow, but I am not sorry I made the move. I still have all the old hardware and zero desire to go back to that, or any alternate configuration available.

That is why I like the 2560x1440 resolution, since I can keep the text 100% and its still crystal clear.

If I was playing games, I would most likely buy 4K - or if it was something above 36". That would give me a lot of screen realestate
Ferus is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote