View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 10:43 PM  
VikingMan
Exploiting human weakness

Industry Role:
My review of the first episode of the new OJ Simpson series

Cuban Gooding cast as OJ seems strange because he looks and sounds nothing like OJ but he does a good job acting so will give it a few more episodes to make up my mind. John Travolta is creepy as fuck playing Robert Shapiro because.....well because John Travolta is creepy as fuck. The casting for Christopher Darden and Marcia Clark is brilliant. That Ross whiny dude from "Friends" who plays Robert Kardashian is ok I guess. Not sure who the black dude is who plays Johnie Cochran but he does a good job as well. Kato is ridiculous but so was the real life Kato so I guess his casting decision was decent.

The level of detail the production uses as far as locations is amazing. They recreated the crime scene and right down to the gate at the entrance to Nicole's condo in Brentwood as well as OJ's estate. The overall production quality of the show is excellent especially for TV standards.

I just watched the first episode and will watch the 2nd episode in the next day or two as I am looking forward to it. I highly recommend this series based on the first episode.

By the way for anyone who is is clueless as to why OJ is such a big deal....he rushed for over 2,000 yards one season.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 2,000-yard club is a group of seven National Football League (NFL) running backs that have surpassed 2,000 rushing yards in a season.[1] These seven rushing seasons rank as the highest single-season rushing totals in NFL history,[2] and reaching the 2,000-yard mark is considered a significant achievement for running backs.[3] No running back has yet achieved this feat twice. The first 2,000-yard season was recorded in 1973 by Buffalo Bills running back O.J. Simpson. He is the only player to have surpassed 2,000 yards in a 14-game season, as all others occurred in 16-game seasons; he finished the season with 2,003 rushing yards, averaging six yards per carry and an NFL-record 143.1 rushing yards per game.
VikingMan is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote