Thread: News Trump kicked some ass
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 12:59 AM  
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post

I say what I said tonight because Cruz has been coming on strong in some recent states, but was still way behind. He wasn't likely to win, but still had an outside shot. After the ass whipping he got today it makes it pretty much impossible for him to win enough delegates to win the nomination.
Well, most of the people were 100% sure that Cruz won't get majority of delegates before the conventions even weeks ago.
And 99.9% sure that he won't get plurality of delegates as well. Weeks ago that is.
So in that context it was strange to read your conclusion that it is only today when it is clear
I guess if we speak about official mathematical chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post

I had suggested in another thread that what could happen is Kasich and Cruz stay in it to the end with Kasich slowly gathering a few delegates here and there then when it comes to the convention Kasich gives his delegates to Cruz in exchange for a VP slot and that number puts Cruz over the top. Of course for this to happen Trump will have had to come up short of the 1,237 needed to win the nomination.
He could "give" them only on the second ballot though. Correct me if I am wrong. And "give" is slippery word, no Kasich delegate would be bound to vote for Cruz or anyone else. Of course naturally "anti Trump" sentiment would probably prevail.
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote