View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 04:04 AM  
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeRevenueMark View Post
Are we talking about the same thing? It's not irony, it's a real question. Products like Cake are pretty "complex".
You are correct, they are complex as fuck, however what i realized, if you focus on making critical features, those which you actually need, you can make it fairly quick. For example, when i was starting with mediabuying, i was told how i should buy subscription to one of those SaaS trackers, and i was like 100$ for what, to count only actions(which means, if user click on your link million times and you have million actions in package, it would be spent) and not even saving history. So i made my own tracker, which is quite simple as it have maybe like 50 lines of code overall, but it do the job - gives me all info about conversion, from which ad network it arrived, which campaign, which geo, which carrier, which OS, which ip and so on. And i run it on shitty 5$ monthly vps, works without any problem even with huge traffic dumped on it. And when it comes to non-critical features, you can add those gradually.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote