Thread: API Simplified?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 03:23 PM  
sarettah
I'll make you famous

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunpro View Post
This may sound stupid, but I have been going round and around attempting to get some one to explain API to me in terms that a coonass like myself can understand, I had one friend say it was as if a site mirrored your site with their performers working on your site and theirs at the same time. How does payouts work? Do i get their entertainer's information for my 18 U.S.C. 2257 compliance?
1. There are different types of APIs. API stands for Application Program Interface. In general terms an API is any program that allows your program to interact with it usually using a set of predefined functions. From your question I assume you are talking about the various Cam APIs that people are working with. Most of the Cam APIs are more properly called feeds although there are certainly some that are APIs.

2. The Cam Feeds that most people use provide a list of performers that are on line and various pieces of information about those performers such as age, gender, location, chat room url, etc. Using these feeds a third party (you) can build a dynamic site that displays these performers as if they are on your site. So while the information is indeed a mirror of what is on the main site, the presentation is not necessarily a mirror.

3. Payouts work out however the particular sponsor details them in their terms. In the case of Chaturbate you get paid twice a month about a week after the term ends so you get paid for the 1st through the 15th around the 21st or 22nd (usually, can be later) and you get paid for the 16th through the end of the month around the 7th of the month. In the case of Chaturbate my payments have been like clockwork throughout. Each sponsor will offer various types of payments. Could be by check, by payoneer or paxum, wire transfer, whatever they define.

4. On 2257 I use the original sponsor's 2257 page as the 2257 information for any particular performer. The chatrooms are hosted on the sponsor's sites and the images are pulled from the sponsors cdn so it is the sponsor that is hosting those pieces.

Hope that helps.

sarettah is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook