Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 05:21 PM  
roxpoxy

Industry Role:
As per Wikipedia:
A web developer is a programmer who specializes in, or is specifically engaged in, the development of World Wide Web applications, or distributed network applications that are run over HTTP from a web server to a web browser.

:p lol. But in my case, I've been making sites, for longer then I care to remember,
mostly LAMP stack. though I've dabbled in .net for jobs & have some c#, objective c experience. comfortable with front end & back end coding, & am partial to Symfony as a PHP framework, though Zend is a close second. Though I'll admit that I'm an idiot when it comes to java.

& @jerkules, it is pulling the chaturbate json feed via a small proxy file, but it's all php & javascript right now.

I was following examples that sarettah posted, though he uses the xml feeds, that now that I've been messing around with seems like the better way to go, since they are seperated by genders, wherease the json is all lumped together, & I really wanted to make something quick & lightweight without a database, so storing the feed & parsing it server side wasn't ideal.