View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 04:00 PM  
redwhiteandblue
Bollocks

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochard View Post
I haven't read much about this, but what is bad about being in the EU? And what would be the benefits of the UK leaving?
I don't know where you live, but how would you like:

Your laws to be set by unelected bureaucrats in a different country that you have absolutely no say over;
You are not allowed to put any restrictions on the people coming into your country, so your population grows by the size of a large city every year, putting strain on housing, schools, hospitals, transport, etc;
Those people are allowed to come and claim in-work benefits and send those benefits back to their families in the countries they came from;
You cannot grow your economy by setting up free trade agreements with other countries, you have to wait for the EU to do them and they take years, decades even, to get these trade deals. So far they've only managed Mexico and South Korea and lots of small insignificant countries.
You have to pay in about £18bn ($27bn) a year into the EU, and they give some of it back but they tell you what you must spend it on and you must advertise the fact that it was done with "EU money" when it was in fact your own money.

That's just for starters. I haven't even gone into the Common Agricultural Policy, the Common Fisheries Policy, the state of the Italian banks, the almost non-existent growth, I could go on.
redwhiteandblue is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote