View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 PM  
Struggle4Bucks
Sieg Hi!

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Your laws to be set by unelected bureaucrats in a different country that you have absolutely no say over;
That's:
- a nationalistic emotional non-argument. Stop feeling British... start feeling European.
- not even all true. Laws are set up by European Parliament... which is elected by the people of the Union every 5 years. So next time there is an election you COULD go vote.... but you know... most people stay at home... including me... but that's a different story.

BTW you also have no say in laws that are created in your own country. You can vote every few years... yeah... woot woot... When they are sitting there in power they can do whatever they like and create all sorts of laws you will or will not agree with.

Quote:
You are not allowed to put any restrictions on the people coming into your country, so your population grows by the size of a large city every year, putting strain on housing, schools, hospitals, transport, etc;
Growth is good... People stimulate the economy; pay for a growing group of pensioners; etc...You are free to go and live in for example Poland if you like? There is also no restriction for you to do that...

The market should fix pressure on housing- and other markets. If this doesn't happen look at the parties who gain from that... could well be a case of price manipulation.

Quote:
You cannot grow your economy by setting up free trade agreements with other countries, you have to wait for the EU to do them and they take years, decades even, to get these trade deals. So far they've only managed Mexico and South Korea and lots of small insignificant countries.
You have to pay in about £18bn ($27bn) a year into the EU, and they give some of it back but they tell you what you must spend it on and you must advertise the fact that it was done with "EU money" when it was in fact your own money.

That's just for starters. I haven't even gone into the Common Agricultural Policy, the Common Fisheries Policy, the state of the Italian banks, the almost non-existent growth, I could go on.
Your Economy is the European economy... If you're in it together then you're in it together... Then stop pointing at the others because really: they aren't the others... they are your brothers.

Yes the EU is a failed project... Could have been a huge great powerfull project...
The reason why it failed is not because soevereign states gave their soevereignity away... but because they gave away too little and people still think in terms of the "others". When shit started to get serious people backed off... resisted further implementation... basically because of nationalistic emotions. Fear of losing soevereignity while it would be replaced by another soevereignity: the EU.

People used to be governed by Kings, Queens and God. God died and with it died the devine powers of Kings and Queens which were to believed to rule in the name of God.
Some new trick had to be implemented. They came up with Democracy and the Nation State. Nationalities where literally CREATED. People didn't feel "German" back in 1750... or Italian or Dutch or whatever. It was created because if you can't rule a people in the name of God'; if they no longer feel they are God's horde... you will have to create a new horde... a common history; common language; common culture; a flag; a national anthem; voila...

So... what tells us about the current situation of Europe? That people still want to be governed based on their nationalities... The EU came a little too early I think...

Saying that European bureaucrats made the EU fail is too easy I think...
I think the peoples of Europe suffer from a lack of vision; are scared to step outside their village and face today's world and don't want to look at the future...

The failed EU-project shows that democracy is outdated...
Democracy doesn't supply Leaders. Democracy suplies: a mess of mediocrity
No... not a lack of democracy made the EU fail... and EU's problem was not a lack of democracy. Democracy itself made it fail.