View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 02:13 AM  
CarlosTheGaucho
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Well I'm really curious how this will play out. And I'm very curious to see the actual real consequences.

No matter what the critics say, I have to say I'm personally most glad to be an EU citizen. As much as it's described as bureaucratic, and it definitely is, so is just about every political structure. And no I don't have trust in the local government to do "better" - they won't. Their track record for the past 25 years speaks volumes.

In fact I'm terrified that they would operate under their own rule because that would mean selling the country for pennies to whoever comes and strong arms them (or bribes them) next.

In a way, EU has been the only institution that was able to get anything done for actual local people, such as when they ended the endless butt fucking of local customers from the mobile operator cartel charging I guess the second highest prices in the world for ages.

But yes this is of course from the POV of a country that by most means benefits by being a part of EU (and it's not economical immigration), there's increased trade, increased infrastructure investments etc. I also personally feel much more as an European than as a national, travel frequently, do business internationally, and want to keep it that way.
CarlosTheGaucho is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote