View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:38 PM  
MakeMeGrrrrowl
Grrrrrrrrr

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drriley View Post
I've thought perhaps I'd prove a point to them by contracting out to some cheap foreign IT/data contractor in India, or such, to have a team of 5 - 10 people flagging random ads (thousands/daily), rotating IP addresses if need be, to - perhaps - cause such a flood of complaints from customers that Backpage will be forced to turn off "Community" moderation.

Sometimes it takes a heavy hand to make a point, especially when dealing with fraudsters like those who operate Backpage.com.
I really don't think it takes one or two flags. I mean it's only happened to me like 2 times in a couple years. If it's happening to you a lot, then of course you have reason to be concerned. With the rate it happens to me, I have to believe that a lot of people for whatever reason on that particular day got together and flagged my ad. Dirty bitches.

I don't think you are single highhandedly going to force backpage to take away their community flagging. But I'd be all for it if you could.
MakeMeGrrrrowl is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote