Old 07-29-2016, 07:27 AM  
AdultKing
Raise Your Weapon

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilnjscb View Post

is there a site for this yet?
Node.XXX just has text search at the moment - https://node.xxx

I am working out a few bugs on Image Search and expect it to be ready before the end of the year. So far results are really good but not quite ready to be rolled out in production yet. Although I may have a beta available on the site by October.

Interesting facts: Node.XXX has around 100 million web pages crawled and growing. We restarted indexing last week so the index only has 42 million web pages. However the Image Crawler has crawled a staggering 235 million images and I expect it will be half a billion by early November. Indexing the images will take two stages, the first is storing the images in a searchable database (index), the second is applying cognitive recognition to enhance image search using text.

Unfortunately we don't have the expertise or budget to do reverse image search yet, but we're looking at some third party options for integrating that next year.
AdultKing is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote