View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 09:55 PM  
Rochard
Jägermeister Test Pilot

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
To me it won't be an issue of him going off script or not, it will be about his policy stances and plans. Clinton has been planning this and coming up with her policies and positions for years now. Trump has only been doing it a few months and he gives very few detail. He is going to have to say something more than just, "I'll get it done, believe me!" to win the debate. Clinton and Trump are both so polarizing at this point there likely aren't too many people left to convince one way or the other. If Trump comes off looking like he doesn't really have much of a plan and Clinton looks prepared and ready, it will be very bad for Trump.
He doesn't seem to have any plans. His plans are "No matter what it is, I'll make it great".

His plans for the VA are typical:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...ration-reforms
  1. Ensure our veterans get the care they need wherever and whenever they need it.
  2. Support the whole veteran
  3. Make the VA great again
This is not a plan, it's a mission statement. And it could be written by any high school freshman.

He goes into detail and says...

Increase funding for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury and suicide prevention services to address our veterans? invisible wounds. Service members are five times more likely to develop depression than civilians. They are almost fifteen times more likely to develop PTSD than civilians. This funding will help provide more and better counseling and care. More funding will also support research on best practices and state of the art treatments to keep our veterans alive, healthy and whole. With these steps, the Trump plan will help the veteran community put the unnecessary stigma surrounding mental health behind them and instead encourage acceptance and treatment in our greater society.

Well, that's great, but... What's the plan? The plan is the same crap politicians sling at us. "I'm going to create a list of bullet points of things I want changed, I'm going to put my friend in charge, and then pray the problem is never brought up again".

YNOT MAIL | THE BEST ADULT MAILING SOLUTION
Rochard is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote