View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 06:23 AM  
Vendot
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Dubai is in my top 3 best trips ever. You do not need a permit to drink alcohol, that is utter bullshit. Only certain places serve it such as hotels and clubs (mostly inside hotels). Don't walk around the streets drunk, if you are planning a night out then be smart and take a taxi back to your hotel, even if it is only 200 metres away.
I lived in Dubai. Don't believe the haters, it's totally awesome and arabs are great people, though you won't find that many in Dubai. I recommend:

(1) If you use the monorail, get a GOLD ticket day pass. Its just a couple $ more than the regular one but you can go into the first class cabin and usually have a chance to sit down and not be squeezed in like a sardine amongst labour people.

(2) One evening drop into "The Address" which is attached to the Dubai Mall, and head for the amazing bar at the top.

(3) Hit the VAULT at the top of the JW Marriot Marquis hotel (Floor 71) - the tallest hotel in the world. The VAULT has an exceptional view of Dubai and a crazy, mad ass vibe.

(4) Hit ATMOSPHERE, the bar at the top of the worlds tallest building, the Burj Khalifa.

Dubai is the luxury capital of the world. It's amazing but small so I don't think anyone needs more than 5 or 6 days for tourist trip.