View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 11:54 AM  
Photoguy3
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
General question about becoming an adult industry photographer

I apologize if this has been covered, although I did do searches and really did not find much to answer the question.
I could be totally naive but I'm hoping someone would be kind enough just to point me in the right direction.

I am a pro photographer and have been for many years. I'm interested in the adult industry for a few reasons. I photograph people. Fashion, musicians. I am attracted to subjects that have swagger/attitude.
1. Erotica is something out of the "norm" that I think would allow me to shoot some very interesting people.
2. Just being honest, I love nudity and find sex and sexuality fascinating.

I have no desire to start a website (like Zishy.com which I think is really brilliant) I just want to be a photographer.

I'm not sure where or how or who sites like Met (they have a ton of sites now) and Amourangels.com stuff like that actually get there content.

I photographed one girl who told me she didn't like having to always fly to a photographer and wishes that I could just shoot. I tried to contact people to see if this was possible and I did not get much of an answer.

So the question is: Who is choosing photographers? Is there any way to be discovered? Are there photo agents that deal with adult jobs like commercial agents?

If I need to get more content what should I expect to pay for a model? I have always been sought after and never had to hire a model. For pro commercial jobs I am educated with that even though the client is footing the bill for models.

Thank you for any words of wisdom.
My site is in signature but that is a pen name for more erotic work.
Please PM me to see my pro site.
Again, thanks for any info and I apologize if this might be in the wrong section or just a dumb ass question.
Google, BTW has not been my friend when it comes to this.