View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 12:21 AM  
Coup
🚨 PBBC International 🚨

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
It would be interesting to see how a Trump presidency would affect the next midterm election. Typically the party that controls the White House tends to lose some seats. I wonder if there would be any larger changes downstream from him. Sadly, if he were to win, he would be surrounded by career politicians so I wonder how much change might actually happen.
It's undeniable that Trump has exposed the Republican party to be the souless pack of fucking idiots that anyone paying attention and willing to be honest with themselves could already see. I mean, fucking shit, McCain and Cruz both endorsed him after being dealt indignities that would get a person's ass kicked where I'm from. He's already done a massive amount of damage by sheer force of his own narcissism. To me that's astounding and I could not applaud what's going on there more. I think his presidency would bring that ten fold. Whether or not that sort of change means good things to the American people is doubtful.. but shit.. it's happening on an unprecedented scale and degree the likes of which we have never seen. Any step towards completely fucking up this batshit crazy Status Quo trajectory we have found ourselves in is a step in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane View Post
, the only way I see real change happening is if someone ran for President and created their own party to do so. Like Perot did when he ran. The Reform Party actually got some people elected at the state and local levels, but sadly it collapsed into chaos and became controlled by crazy people. It would be cool to see someone do that and have the party remain viable.
I could almost hop on board with a new party Idea. But the two parties are WAY too deeply ingrained into American culture to be simply side-stepped by a new party. The only way we are getting past this nonsense is complete revolt in the established parties. The coup is well underway on the republican side and I'm more than angry that the democrats haven't, and seemingly refuse to, follow suit.
Coup is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote