View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 09:18 AM  
Yanks_Todd
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by celandina View Post
As Andy said above if you can spring 6K for scene plus the talent.... And you have not yet removed the cables, light stands, left overs from lunch, hawkers and crew...maybe on a good day lets say 10 K to recoup.. Then hey a big future in that gadget.... And for adult ? It is tough to jackoff with a " bucket" ( or paper box) on your head...Anyway lets check this thread a year from now as all the 3D threads from 2011... Then we will have a good laugh.
I would disagree that the cost for every scene is $6k. I am sure they spend more than I do because they make male/female shoots. I can also tell you we are about 2 months away from edging into the black after dropping a pretty penny in terms of equipment. The conversion ratios for YanksVR are the best in our portfolio right now and there are still alot of drive-bys in terms of traffic.

Cleaning up the background of the scene is day one stuff. We are talking about professionals here right? Anyway, for the most part those would be issues you would have with 360 not the VR that is primarily being sold right now. And even 360 can be edited fairly easily.

In the next year cost will drop on video cards, headsets and production equipment.

What you need to sell VR either really good mind blowing content or really good content that extends a brand into the space. Our stuff is really good, and the next version will be mind blowing. Our brand strength is what is getting us sales.

I get the pessimism on the great new tech that saves adult though. However, I can tell you the pessimism is hard to sell here because the results are there now in a market that will deepen significantly in the next couple of years.

Just my thoughts.