View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 07:42 PM  
AaronM
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave90210 View Post
No i micro-targeted EVERYTHING myself. By keywords, geo locations and everything. My ads where running perfectly with a 6% CTR. There system surged a massive amount of views to my ad 3 mins before midnight with zero clicks and tens of thousands of views and I didn't modify anything to make that happen. I set the campaign to run evenly throughout the day, not all at once.

Now let's address what you've mentioned here...

Based on what you've posted in this thread, you've selected the following option for your Ad Set to Bid Amount: "Automatic - Let Facebook set the bid...."

I've seen the kind of surges you're talking about and they usually happen when there are fewer ads running at whatever given time the increase happens. So, your ad cost drops AND it's shown to more people. Supply & demand.

Also, I hear you talking only about clicks. Are you using a proper Facebook Pixel to track everything or did you skip the pixel and are relying on FB data only? Maybe you have an old pixel installed that isn't tracking properly? Fuck if I know. I can't put much stock in anything you've posted though since I know your primary gripe is inaccurate.

You say you've "...set the campaign to run evenly throughout the day." but ad campaigns can't be set like that. Ad Sets can though which leads me to believe you don't know or understand the difference even though you've "read all of their instructions" etc...

Lastly, if you've "micro-targeted EVERYTHING" as you claim, there's no way you got 20k impressions between 11pm and midnight the same day...Unless you're spending a stupid amount of money on an ad that hasn't proven itself...In which case you'd be an idiot for that too.
AaronM is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote