View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 07:02 PM  
NALEM
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuLion View Post
Transparency in tracking and accounting. What suggestions do you have?
Alex, thanks for your feedback. Anyone else got an opinion they are willing to share?

Of course as an affiliate, I would be looking for as high % of a payout as possible but personally as a business developer, it's near impossible for the business to survive let alone make real money, if I'm to really commit 50-60% to the affiliate. By the time other expenses are factored in, the business nets less than 10%.

If I was an affiliate I would gladly net 20-30% of all sales, as long as no cheating was going on.

This is the biggest open question for me is transparency. Should there be a trusted 3rd party service, responsible for "certifying" the programming code to ensure proper tracking is taking place? What about a accounting firm to regularly audit the payment records.

How feasible is that scenario? Are there existing companies doing such things now for the affiliate based programs?