View Single Post
Old 06-05-2017, 02:29 PM  
JimmyStephans
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
This is a topic I've been experimenting with a bit over the past few weeks and seem to have come up with a plan that works for me.

Before reading on - please remember I'm in Colorado. We may have legal marijuana, but we have very little in the way of production. No agencies that handle adult models like SoCal, not a selection of studio or shoot houses available, etc. Adult work, even tame nudies like mine, is just not very popular out here.

1- Craigslist has not proven to be a good source when advertising openly for nude models. There are very few girls that have any photogenic value checking in there, and the ads are a pain in the butt because they can get flagged (deleted) very quickly, then you have to wait 2 days to post again (unless you have multiple verified accounts).

Never had good luck there but I will tell you one thing. The shorter the ad and the more "amateur" you sound, the more replies you get. Example: I post saying its for my site, using a good picture of a great model, and offering $200 an hour I get some replies. But, if I post some amateur style photo and offer less I get more replies. Not better replies, just more.

My ads always say I'm looking for girls to pose nude. There is the option of doing what I'll call "filtering" but others may call "upselling".

Just a few weeks ago I posted an ad looking for:

"Cute female that can snowboard for a shoot to be done ASAP (before A-Basin closes last runs). Need awesome smile, cute shape, decent snowboard skills and able to work in bikini top and with no top on."

(topless snowboarding). The ad got 17 replies in 24 hours, then I took it down. Of the 17 replies, 8 fit my goal of age 18-22 with no tattoos. I emailed each of them and explained I had what I needed for the snowboarding shoot, but would be doing a full nude shoot soon for TrueBabes that pays more. If interested, go visit this site and apply.

Of those 8 I was interested in 3 went over and applied to pose nude for TrueBabes. Later we discover one did have tats, so I was left with 2 decent applicants. Only one is shooting as the other is moving to Arizona and I couldn't get her in quick enough.

No, I can't explain why these same girls never responded to an ad looking for nudies, but did for topless snowboarding. It worked - but doesn't mean I know why.

On Craigslist about 25% of your replies will be the same girls over and over again. Another 25% will be males, usually other photographers or just "guys with cameras", pretending to be a girl and playing a game to see what you are up to.

Part 2 in a minute...