View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 11:51 AM  
robwod
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xmedia View Post
Why not get a prepaid master card? It would cost you just $2 to withdraw your money from any ATM and it's instant.
Paxum, a Canadian Company, declined my renewal (I'm a Canadian Citizen) after having the card for years, including renewals. I've have the card since Paxum appeared on the web following the epass fiasco. But the last renewal they declined the renewal. They have scans of my Cndn Driver's License, my actual VISA cards, my utility bill, my business tax number, my banking info (routing, SWIFT/ABA which are a Canadian Bank) etc. And apparently that's not enough documentation to satisfy their foreign / outsourced support monkeys. Now they want my passport as well. I'm simply unwilling to supply a Passport on top of all that -- they have more than enough info already to satisfy KYC as it pertains to a relationship between a Canadian Company and a Canadian customer.

So, the choice is to either whine about it, or just wire everything out of there and use an alternative. So that's what I did/do. And I just include the fees with my tax reporting each year so they're a deduction anyway. Personally I find both Payoneer and PayPal infinitely more efficient to deal with when it comes to financial transfers, so no big loss for me to lose the Paxum card beyond some inconvenience. Often times several sponsors hit me up to get any Paxum I have as the wire fees are so expensive with Paxum, so it works out in the wash.

Otherwise, I would indeed use the card