Thread: Fake traffic
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 06:43 AM  
TheSquealer
BANNED

Industry Role:
Advertising is a lot like weight loss. The success of those selling advertising is largely based on customer ignorance and selling them what they WANT to believe - in this case, that being "i'll just put up an ad and increase sales".

Thats not even close to how media buys work.

All the traffic you guys complain about has
1) been identified as bad traffic by larger, more experienced buyers who block it

2) is what has been left to new guys coming into a network because you don't know what the good sites are and what the bad are, you are bidding low on everything and experienced guys have blocked all the bad and bid high on the good - meaning you'll never see the good unless you have a budget.

Ad buying in both mainstream and adult is 95% retards complaining about everything because they are too stupid and lack the budget to figure things out and the 5% which happily gobbling up the good traffic and competing with each other at the top of the food chain, leaving you the scraps, while you create threads about "bots" to explain your failure.

I've never had a broker not refund me when i've identified bot traffic. Even with AdWords.

There are some however that are more active in catching them before they affect others (JuicyAds for example). Jay works very hard to deal with people trying to cheat I send him data on a regular basis on what I see and experience and he refunds right away - WHEN they are fake traffic vs someones shitty traffic.

Otherwise, it's a weak excuse for failure... because bot traffic is not the reason you'll fail. You are not buying "traffic". You are buying "data". Data which is used to make future decisions. You have to buy the data first, before you have anything to start making decisions on. You will have to spend money to learn. You will need a fast server, fully optimized, uber fast landing pages (plus many to test), you will need CDNs, you will need good traffic tracking software and you will have to test test test test test test and test some more before you'll start finding success.
TheSquealer is online now   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote