StraightBro

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
Again,...

food is energy
a "calorie" is a unit of energy
1lb of fat is 3500 calories of energy

your body requires x amount of energy per day to operate (x amount of calories)
your body expects x amount of energy per day (something you have A LOT of influence over)

at the end of the day, you either have a surplus or deficit of calories (available energy)

a surplus is stored as fat

there is no "genetic" issue that can cause you to create fat from nothing.

generally, metabolic rates vary slightly from individual to individual. but its irrelevant. i have on pro fighter i train and his BMR is 3400 calories a day. factor in the energy needs of training + recovery/repair and he needs another 1000 or so a day, depending on what we're doing.

most male adults are at around 2000 calories per day. I am at 1900-2000. generally speaking, f i want to lose fat, i need a consistent 500 calorie a day deficit. If i want to gain muscle, i need a minimum of 500 calorie a day surplus. if i want to gain fat, i need a 500+ a day surplus.

if your BMR is 1750 calories a day and you are eating 2250 calories a day consistently and not active, you'll gain weight. this is not rocket science.

people talk about genetics as an excuse... and know nothing about diet, nutrition, physiology and exercise and how they relate.... much less how much food a person is actually putting in their mouth.

there are no "genetic factors" which alter the laws of thermodynamics.

furthermore, there is literally NO BENEFIT WHATSOEVER to anyone, particularly an obese person to furthering the myth that "you just can't help it" and "it's not your fault".

it's probably the most cruel thing you could do to that person.

you can't be 400 pounds and NOT be eating an obscene amount of calories every single day to support the energy needs of moving that much weight around. you can't be 400 pounds as a male on a normal 2000 calorie a day diet.... as you'd be losing 4-5 pounds a week or more for quite a while.
So much incorrect info in your post , damn.

Particularly funny: "there are no "genetic factors" which alter the laws of thermodynamics." Thanks for the laugh
Bladewire is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote