View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 07:56 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 26z View Post
The libtard media is doing all they can to make this Trump's hurricane Katrina.

It's bad in PR, but not the post-apocalyptic wasteland they will have you believe.

https://imgur.com/a/3LWzs
I have direct communications with the island.(ham radio) and I will tell you it is much worse.

The reason nobody knows exactly how bad it is because there has not been any communications from there.
This was a total devastation with little exception in some of the well build tourist areas. And that is where the news reporters are. Airports and hotels.

NO ELECTRIC
NO FUEL FOR GENERATORS OR FOR CARS/TRUCKS TO GET WHAT IS NEEDED TO WHERE IT IS NEEDED.
NO/LIMITED WATER.
FOOD SHORTAGES AND WHAT THERE IS IS HEAVILY RATIONED.
EVEN THE ATM's ARE RATIONING MONEY. SO EVEN IF YOU CAN JUST BUY WHAT YOU NEED, YOU CAN'T GET TO YOUR MONEY.
NO COMMUNICATIONS TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT 'UNTIL RECENTLY'.

From my own estimation, about one third of these folks are coming to the mainland permanently. Most of the infrastructure is gone. It will take years to rebuild enough to support the number people that are there now. They will have no choice.

When I don't have to fear losing my life for some food, water or fuel, I may go there myself to aid recovery efforts. I specialize in communications but carry other needed skill-sets.
Just not interested under current conditions. It has gone to far.

The normal first thing you need in a situation like this is communications. So you can find out what is needed and where it is needed and get that info to locals, FEMA and the military. "The initial assessment". That is what has failed here and I do blame FEMA for not ensuring that took place 'FIRST' and right away.
So now you are basically a week behind on efforts that eroded beyond belief.

Same thing happened during Katrina when the Bush admin would not let us in to provide those initial communications. You know the rest of the story. You can't fix what you don't know about. It just gets worse.
To the credit of the non-appointed folks at FEMA who have been through this before and know the drill, it still takes a appointed official to take the advice and do the deed.
And I have nothing more to say about it. But do your homework before you minimize this tragedy.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote