View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 11:01 PM  
VRPdommy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
As I mentioned at the first post,

If they take the Anthem out of the event, Trump has no platform. Perhaps some players also need to find a new method to make a statement.

These are sporting events.... Let them be sporting events.

I was part of a non-profit org that I was once pres of for a couple of years and I had to leave the org because of other duties for a couple of years and when I came back they were all standing and saying the Pledge of allegiance at the start of meetings.
I did not say anything about it, but I did not participate in it.
And I never went back.
It was not because I am not a all American patriot. But it had no business at the meeting since we had folks as part of the organization that were not American. It was a international org.
We didn't pay taxes or take any government money.

So why offend anyone where there is no need to do so.
I feared the next step was going to be the lord's prayer where I would have been very vocal about it.

I am no longer a member and they do not know why that is.
I continue to help in the goals of that organization, but not with them or as a member. I find my efforts are more effective without them anyway .

But it shows that you can divide a majority of common thinking into splinters that will agree on nothing.
But only if you are passive, do or say nothing and let it happen.

I have been asked in public on my thoughts of this and I reply with a question...
Do you guys, while having your beer party during the game, stop, stand at attention with your hand over your heart and say the anthem while watching this on TV in the MAN CAVE ?

If you can honestly answer yes to that, I believe that you are committed to practice what you wish to impose on others.
I don't agree, but at least I can't call you a Hypocrite.
VRPdommy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote