View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 06:13 PM  
Steve Rupe
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRPdommy View Post
I say again, why do we need to have the national anthem at sporting events. It's not a government function.

So...
Let me put a different perspective on this. Forget football.

The Olympic committee is not supported in any way by the US government. We do not give our Olympic athletes money nor pay for any of their training.

They devote most of their life to being best at something.
Do they have the right to take a knee upon winning a medal ?

But I suggest you take a few and look-up the history of the anthem at sporting events. They did not always do this and probably should not continue to do so.

It's nothing less than forced worship. And one that nobody who is watching on TV participate in, and listening on radio also.

So if we are going to force a worship, it should be by everyone, not just a few.

I will not be forced to kiss the feet of your god while you just stand and watch !
I am old school, primarily because I am old. I like mom, pop, apple pie, xmas, the pledge, the anthem and most if not all American traditions. I do not see the need for anyone to abuse, politicize or repeal any of our traditions.
Steve Rupe is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote